Focus and Expertise:
- Strategic Consultation
- Solution Development
- Market Performance
- Consumer Behavior
- Purchase-Based Targeting
About Jonna Parker
Jonna has been an innovator in the fresh foods space for nearly two decades driving the evolution of consumer-centric decision making and big data analytics throughout the perimeter. She has worked extensively in each perimeter department: meat, bakery, deli, produce, seafood, dairy and floral with both suppliers and retailers.
Jonna joined IRI in 2016 and leads IRI’s Fresh Center of Excellence focusing on solution enhancement, thought leadership and client consultation across both suppliers and retailers.
As an industry thought leader, Jonna has regularly contributed content to and been quoted in publications including Bakery and Snacks, National Provisioner, Winsight Grocery Business and CSP Daily News. She has also participated in notable events including the FMI Midwinter Executive Conference and IDDBA Show.
- Innovation in Fresh Foods – Competition in fresh is fierce and innovation is key to the perimeter’s success. Retailers need to surprise and delight to capture loyalty while regularly testing new and exciting offerings.
- Creating Solutions, Not Silos Across Grocery – Traditionally, grocery has been organized in silos, forcing consumers to search for solutions. To increase basket sizes, CPGs need to leverage big data in order to better understand shoppers needs and then use those insights to provide solutions.
- Identifying Tomorrow’s Highest Potential Customers – Retailers must be willing to step out of their comfort zones and invest in new technology and analytics in order to get a full-market perspective.
- IDDBA Show, What’s in Store Live Workshop, June 2019
- FMI Midwinter Executive Summit, 2019 Top Trends in Fresh – Balancing the Consumer Pendulum, January 2019
- 2018 Chicken Marketing Summit, The State of Chicken, July 2018
- IDDBA, Innovation and Trends in Dairy, Deli & Bakery, July 2018
- The Produce News, Industry Viewpoint: Generating New Green in Produce, February 2019
- Winsight Grocery Business, Pathways to Continued Growth of Retail Foodservice,January 2019
- Winsight Grocery Business, Fresh Food in the Crosshairs of Upheaval, October 2018
- Winsight Grocery Business, Floral Research Reveals What Retailers Need to Know Now, October 2018
- Winsight Grocery Business, IRI Top Trends in Fresh: Food for Thought on Transparency, Social Strategy, August 2018
Webinars and Videos
- IRI Webinar, Top Trends in Fresh: Balancing the Cross Aisle Pendulum, October 2019
- IRI Webinar, IDDBA: State of Deli Meat & Prepared Foods, September 2019
- Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery Webinar, 2019 State of the Industry: Snack & Bakery, August 2019
- IRI Webinar, Evolving Trends in Dairy, Deli and Bakery, July 2019
- IRI Webinar, Top Trends in Fresh: Balancing the Store Size Pendulum, July 2019
- IRI Webinar, Top Trends in Fresh: Balancing the Geographic Pendulum, May 2019
- IRI Webinar, Top Trends in Fresh: The State of Meat 2019: Evolution of Protein, April 2019
- IRI Webinar, Top Trends in Fresh: Balancing the Consumer Pendulum, March 2019
- IRI and IDDBA Webinar, State of Baked Goods 2018, March 2019
- IRI Webinar, Top Trends in Fresh: Prepared Food, Hyperlocalization & New Supply Chains, January 2019
- WATT Ag Net Webinar, 2018 Chicken Consumption Survey: What Consumers Want, January 2019
- IRI Webinar, Milking Food Traffic: Strategies for Success in Today’s Complex Dairy Department, November 2018
- IRI Webinar, Trends in Produce Industry and PMA Show Innovations, September 2018
- FMI Webinar, Top Trends in Fresh Foods: New Consumerism & the Customization Continuum, August 2018