Focus and Expertise:
- Omnichannel Marketing Strategy
- Pricing and Promotion Optimization
About Chris DuBois
As senior vice president for IRI's Protein Practice, Chris DuBois leads a portfolio of larger protein-focused clients and his clients consider him a trusted advisor to help drive growth. He also manages IRI's engagement with FMI and a variety of other industry associations focused on fresh foods. Throughout the year, he presents frequently on industry-changing trends at conferences and webinars and is frequently quoted in the media.
- Identifying Meat and Poultry Market Strategy – The meat department has long been considered the sales- and meal-making anchor of the store. Yet, despite stable growth trends, the department is shifting as consumers interact with meat and poultry in new ways. Understanding these changes is a top priority for suppliers and retailers to reach consumers across different segments and protect the share they've gained while also continuing to drive growth.
- Top Trends in Food Transparency – Today's shoppers demand more transparency from food manufacturers and retailers to ensure that the companies' practices align with their own values. Transparency and social and cultural initiatives have had a lasting impact on retail sales across the U.S. and offer future growth opportunities for CPG manufacturers and retailers.
- Prepared and Specialty Food Trends – Grocery stores have considerably changed the options available for quick, on-the-run meals as well as prepared and specialty foods now go far beyond the deli counter, offering consumers a wide array of choices. Prepared and specialty foods are growing at an incredible 10 percent per year, resulting in $11 billion in annual sales. As grocery stores continue exploring their options within this category, it is poised for rapid growth in the future. There is great opportunity for retailers to drive market and merchandising efforts to leverage this trend fully.
- Global Seafood Market Conference, Animal Protein Panel, January 2022
- Feed Strategy Conference, Poultry Trends, Feeding and Health, January 2022
- The Food Institute, What's Ahead in 2022, December 2021
- Chicken Marketing Summit, The Great Reawakening: Innovation Gold Mines and Growth Drivers after the Pandemic, July 2021
- Carolinas Food Industry Council, New Consumer Behaviors that Will Accelerate Growth, July 2021
- Niman Ranch Beef Summit, The Great Reset, May 2021
- Animal Agriculture Alliance Stakeholders Summit, America's Changing Palate: Implications and Possibilities, May 2021
- Watt Media EU/US webinar, The New consumer – How Consumer Demand for Chicken and Eggs has Changed, April 2021
- FMI and NAMI Annual Meat Conference, Consumer Purchase Behaviors: How Did They Change and What Is Here to Stay?, March 2021
- FHA Match, Pandemic & Protein Market Shifts – Lessons from US & EU for Asia, January 2021
- NFI Global Seafood Marketing Conference, Seafood at Retail, an in-depth view of 2021 Growth Opportunities, January 2021
- National Fisheries Institute, Seafood Growth Opportunities for 2021, October 2020
- National Pork Board Retailer Advisory Council, July 2020
- Feed Strategy Conference, Feeding Poultry to Meet Evolving Consumer Demands, January 2020
- Watt Media China, US and EU Plant-Based Meat Trends, January 2020
Webinars and Videos