Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing
activity we are undertaking, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information. More
detailed information about your rights is included further below.
Please note that, as explained above, we do not legally control personal
information which we process in the context of providing services to our customers. Consequently, if
you wish to exercise any rights in respect of this information, you should contact our customer, who
will work with us to ensure that your rights are satisfied.
- The rights potentially available to you are:
- To access personal information
- To rectify / erase personal information
- To restrict the processing of your personal information
- To transfer your personal information
- To object to the processing of personal information
- To object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes
- To obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction
- To lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for
security purposes, before disclosing the personal information requested to you. We reserve the right
to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at Privacy.Officer@IRIWorldWide.com. Subject to
legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your
request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would
impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the
request in a different way.
Right to access personal information
You have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal
information that we hold and you have the right to be informed of; (a) the source of your personal
information; (b) the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s
identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal information may be
Right to rectify or erase personal information
You have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information. We
may seek to verify the accuracy of the personal information before rectifying it.
You can also request that we erase your personal information in limited
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
- following a successful right to object (see right to object); or
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- to comply with a legal obligation to which IRI is subject
We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if
the processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
Right to restrict the processing of your personal information
You can ask us to restrict your personal information, but only where:
- its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to
establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to transfer your personal information
You can ask us to provide your personal information to you in a structured,
commonly used, machine readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data
controller, but in each case only where:
- the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
Please note that it is unlikely that we will carry out processing as a data
controller which comes within the scope of this right, except potentially in relation to data
processed for direct marketing purposes.
Right to object to the processing of your personal information
You can object to any processing of your personal information which has our
legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh
our legitimate interests.
If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have
compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
Right to object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing
You can request that we change the manner in which we contact you for marketing
You can request that we not transfer your personal information to unaffiliated
third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes.
Right to obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers
outside your jurisdiction
You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which
your personal information is transferred outside of the European Union.
We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms.
Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local
supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you
have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
The primary point of contact for all issues arising from this privacy notice, is
our Global Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted at: Privacy.Officer@IRIWorldWide.com
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with
this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to
contact us first. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and will make
every reasonable effort to honour your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and in any
event, within the timescales provided by data protection laws.
To contact your data protection supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data
protection supervisory authority (i.e. your place of habitual residence, place or work or place
of alleged infringement) at any time. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us
before your local supervisory authority.