Continued Evolution of Existing E-Market Insights Platform Enables Unmatched Accuracy and Granularity of E-Commerce Activity in the CPG Industry
CHICAGO — Oct. 9, 2018 — IRI®, a global leader in innovative solutions and services for consumer, retail and media companies, today announced the next generation of its widely adopted online sales measurement and insights solution, E-Market Insights 3.0. The latest iteration of the E-Market Insights platform further strengthens the innovative solution, which has been available in the marketplace since 2016 as part of IRI’s industry-leading E-Commerce Solution Suite.
Powered by the industry’s largest pool of e-shopper and e-POS data made available from IRI’s partner ecosystem of both retailers and third-party companies, E-Market Insights 3.0 provides the only full and complete view of the online and in-store CPG sales environment, a truly omni-channel view of shopping behavior.
E-Market Insights 3.0 will include the following enhancements, all enabled by the industry-leading IRI Liquid Data® technology platform, which facilitates the integration of vast amounts of diverse datasets to provide IRI clients:
- Largest E-Shopper Database: Total number of shoppers accessible by the expanded list of data providers will increase by approximately one-third to 12 million e-shoppers, creating the largest such dataset in the industry.
- Greater Product Accuracy: Updated algorithms leveraging machine learning technology allow for more accurate capture and coding of online items.
- Improved Projections: Enhancements to the underlying advanced data science methodologies — backed by over 30 years of sales lift measurement, marketing mix and analytic modeling expertise — will improve the solution’s projections for more accurate forecasting and a more complete view of the omni-channel shopper.
- Expanded Coverage of Merchants: Deep understanding of merchant and retailer geographies, with the ability to report over 200 individual merchants and aggregate merchant types, as well as reporting by fulfillment type (e.g., home delivery, click and collect, etc.) for key retailers.
- Unmatched Granularity: Additional reporting levels in the product hierarchy offer a richer picture of specific purchases and behaviors.
- Historical Data Enabling Trending: Four years of online sales and shares data, beginning in 2015.
“IRI has invested significantly to enhance its solutions, datasets and infrastructure to ensure we’re providing clients with the most comprehensive view of their consumers and shoppers, and in today’s world that is all about the omni-channel shopper,” said Robert I. Tomei, president of Market and Shopper Intelligence for IRI. “These improvements to E-Market Insights are consistent with developments in the e-commerce industry and will empower retailers and manufacturers to understand more about their online sales performance than ever before. It is about delivering measurement and insights to our clients to drive their business growth.”
“As consumer preferences shift across channel and retail format, it is essential for brands and retailers to have a full view of the omni-channel market and consumer in order to uncover opportunities for growth,” said Sam Gagliardi, senior vice president and head of E-Commerce at IRI.
For all client commercial questions, please contact Sam Gagliardi at Sam.Gagliardi@IRIworldwide.com or Jon Isca at Jonathan.Isca@IRIworldwide.com.
About the IRI Partner Ecosystem
IRI fundamentally believes that delivering differentiated growth for clients requires deep, highly integrated partnering with a variety of best-of-breed companies. As such, IRI works closely with a broad range of industry leaders across multiple industries and sectors to create innovative joint solutions, services and access to capabilities to help its clients more effectively collaborate and compete in their various markets and exceed their growth objectives. IRI is committed to its partnership philosophy and continues to actively enhance its open ecosystem of partners through alliances, joint ventures, acquisitions and affiliations. The IRI Partner Ecosystem includes such leading companies as 84.51°, Adobe, The Boston Consulting Group, Clavis Insights, comScore, Data Plus Math, Edison, Experian, GfK, Gigwalk, Google, Ipsos, Jumpshot, Mastercard Advisors, MaxPoint, Omnicom, One Click Retail, Oracle, Pinterest, Research Now/SSI, Simulmedia, SPINS, Univision, Viant, Yieldbot and others.
IRI is a leading provider of big data, predictive analytics and forward-looking insights that help CPG, OTC health care organizations, retailers, financial services and media companies grow their businesses. A confluence of major external events — a change in consumer buying habits, big data coming into its own, advanced analytics and personalized consumer activation — is leading to a seismic shift in drivers of success in all industries. With the largest repository of purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data, all integrated on an on-demand, cloud-based technology platform, IRI is empowering the personalization revolution, helping to guide its more than 5,000 clients around the world in their quests to remain relentlessly relevant, capture market share, connect with consumers, collaborate with key constituents and deliver market-leading growth. For more information, visit www.iriworldwide.com.
# # #
Phone: +1 312.474.3675