Whilst the changes to advertising are less severe than previously anticipated due to adaptations made after the final round of consultation, the impact of the in-store restrictions is significant.
IRI estimates that of the top 15 impacted categories, 64% of skus fall within HFSS restrictions. By removing display and multibuys from these categories, analysis projects an impact of £1.1 billion of lost sales for UK grocery.
The IRI Analytics Team continues to work closely with Brands, Retailers and Media Agencies to help them understand and calculate the impact for their business as well as scenario plan to navigate the coming months.
In this webinar, Tom Hall, Head of Analytics & Technology, Joe Harriman, Strategic Consultant – HFSS and David Wright, Senior Marketing Effectiveness Consultant, will talk you through some of their analysis across both trade and media.
- Which categories are hardest hit and does it differ across retailers?
- What could replace HFSS skus on display spaces across the store?
- What are the likely ripples across both micro and macro space within store?
- Which promotions work best on shelf without any additional display?
- Where should you consider diverting media spend to minimise any impact on ROI?
Tom, Joe and David will share a selection of case studies to improve your understanding and inform your thinking.