Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon
the processing activity we are undertaking, you have certain rights in relation to
your personal information. More detailed information about your rights is included
Please note that, as explained above, we do not legally control
personal information which we process in the context of providing services to our
customers. Consequently, if you wish to exercise any rights in respect of this
information, you should contact our customer, who will work with us to ensure that
your rights are satisfied.
- The rights potentially available to you are:
- To access personal information
- To rectify / erase personal information
- To restrict the processing of your personal information
- To transfer your personal information
- To object to the processing of personal information
- To object to how we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes
- To obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside
- To lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your
identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the personal information
requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for
instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at Privacy.Officer@IRIWorldWide.com.
Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable
effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further
information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for
example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we
are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
Right to access personal information
You have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of
your personal information that we hold and you have the right to be informed of; (a)
the source of your personal information; (b) the purposes, legal basis and methods
of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or
categories of entities to whom your personal information may be transferred.
Right to rectify or erase personal information
You have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal
information. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the personal information before
You can also request that we erase your personal information in
limited circumstances where:
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on
- following a successful right to object (see right to object); or
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- to comply with a legal obligation to which IRI is subject
We are not required to comply with your request to erase
personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
Right to restrict the processing of your personal information
You can ask us to restrict your personal information, but only
- its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still
need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds
We can continue to use your personal information following a
request for restriction, where:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to transfer your personal information
You can ask us to provide your personal information to you in a
structured, commonly used, machine readable format, or you can ask to have it
transferred directly to another data controller, but in each case only where:
- the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
Please note that it is unlikely that we will carry out
processing as a data controller which comes within the scope of this right, except
potentially in relation to data processed for direct marketing purposes.
Right to object to the processing of your personal information
You can object to any processing of your personal information
which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your
fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests.
If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate
that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and
Right to object to how we use your personal information for direct
You can request that we change the manner in which we contact
you for marketing purposes.
You can request that we not transfer your personal information
to unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other
Right to obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for
transfers outside your jurisdiction
You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards
under which your personal information is transferred outside of the European Union.
We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial
Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how
we are processing your personal information.
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us
first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
The primary point of contact for all issues arising from this
privacy notice, is our Global Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted at: Privacy.Officer@IRIWorldWide.com
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our
compliance with this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise
your rights, we encourage you to contact us first. We will investigate and attempt
to resolve complaints and disputes and will make every reasonable effort to honour
your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible and in any event, within
the timescales provided by data protection laws.
To contact your data protection supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority (i.e. your place of
habitual residence, place or work or place of alleged infringement) at any time. We
ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before your local