Focus and Expertise
About Sharat K. Mathur, Ph.D.
- Pricing Strategy for Manufacturers and Retailers
- Trade Promotion Effectiveness
- Business and Marketing Strategy
- New Product Development
- Channel Management
Sharat Mathur is a Senior Vice President and Practice Leader, IRI Strategic Analytics Practice and is primarily focused on strategic pricing and promotion effectiveness. In this role, he works with clients to define their go-to-market strategy and develop their pricing and trade promotions programs. In doing so, he helps clients develop their analytic capabilities and solutions as well as change their strategy and processes.
Prior to joining IRI, most recently he was the founder and president of Analytic Harmony Inc., an analytics and strategy services firm. There he built a new business at the intersection of marketing strategy and analytics, creating awareness in the marketplace, developing service offerings, and building strategic alliances with consulting and market research partners. Mathur was able to create a solid foundation for the business in the first two years and attracted major blue chip clients, such as Allstate, Coach, Foster Wines, HP and Kraft.
Before that, Mathur was a management consultant for over 10 years. During this period he worked with Booz & Co. in their Consumer Products and Retail Practice, as well as at Archstone Consulting as a partner within their CPG Practice. He has worked extensively across a range of industries including consumer products and financial services. Mathur has worked across a range of industries, including food and beverage, home and personal care, airlines, alcoholic beverages distributors, household building products, healthcare, financial services, government agencies and others.
Mathur holds a Ph.D. in marketing from The University of Iowa, as well as a MBA from the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India, where he also graduated with honors with a bachelor’s degree in economics.
- Growth and profit improvement for manufacturers and retailers – Through a deep understanding of the requirements of each “segment” and tailoring the service offerings to individual needs.
- Market opportunities for clients and building business cases – Defining product offerings, providing blueprint sales and marketing strategies for new businesses.
- Evaluating cost structures and profitability of different channel strategies and approaches – For the development of comprehensive channel management programs for routing the right leads to the right channels.
- Columbia Business School, Pricing Analytics: The Science of Profitable Growth, June 2018
- SAS Global Forum, New Frontiers in Pricing Analytics, April 2018
- Columbia Business School, Pricing Analytics: The Art and Science of Profitable Growth, May 2017
- IRI POV, The Underutilized Corporate Asset: Strategic Pricing, March 2014
- Finalist in the Gary Lilien Practice Prize Competition at MSI New Developments in the Practice of Marketing Science 2011-2012: Impact and Implementation, December 2011