How America Snacks During and Despite COVID-19
The last few years has proven that snacking in the U.S. has become a lifestyle, with consumers snacking across the day, and continuing to snack primarily on impulse.
At the same time, COVID-19 is having an immediate impact on consumers’ food and beverage purchase and consumption behaviors. As states in the U.S. implement lockdown measures, cocoon-stocking is increasing and may result in consumers changing their snacking habits in the short term.
During this webinar, we discuss the trends we were seeing in 2019 that are still set to impact 2020 and beyond. We also share a benchmark for pre-COVID-19 snacking behavior, what trends are continuing and what will evolve.
You will learn:
- The trends that are underlying snack choices and the latest consumer purchase dynamics, including the snacking categories that are seeing the most growth
- Our micro-snacking segments and which ones are driving growth
- Trends that are underlying snacking choices
- The nutritional benefits are resonating the most with consumers, including how CBD-infused snacks are performing
- How to leverage the potential of the expected growth in snacking
Sally Lyons Wyatt, Executive Vice President and Practice Leader, IRI